It is no secret that I may have a slight obsession with makeup and beauty products. In the recent months, it has most definitely intensified and have found myself spending more time checking out YouTube tutorials, trying out new looks, and expanding my “collection.” I think with my body going through so many changes and trying to overcome of that struggle of feeling like my body had betrayed me somehow has allowed makeup to become a way to rebuild my confidence and reclaim my spunk. No matter what your size, makeup always fits 🙂
Let me just say that I don’t feel like I need makeup to be beautiful or feel like I need to change myself to meet sort of standard of beauty. I embrace that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Probably more now that I ever have. Makeup is just a fun way to express myself and enhance that boost in confidence that has come with embracing that I am worthy and beautiful as God created me to be despite my illness. It is an amazing feeling and I hope each of you are able to embrace that feeling too because you are amazing, strong, and beautiful.
Back to the makeup! If you have ever shopped for beauty products then you may notice that it can get expensive and being in the disability process does not leave a lot of disposable income so I challenge myself to find the best deals possible so that I can experiment and try out different products.
Hi, my name is Jamee and I coupon so I can buy makeup.
I will create another post to share my favorite affordable brands and products but today I want to introduce you to Ipsy if you have not already checked it out. Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that sends you 4-5 deluxe sample and full size products each month that are personalized to your style. When you sign up, you will provide answers for your style profile and from those answers they are able to customize your bag. You can change your answers at any time so if after a couple months you don’t find the products meshing with your style, you can update your style profile. Also when you review your glam bag each month, the stylists will get a better idea of the products that you love the most and will continue to tweak your bag to match your style. All of this is just $10 a month!
I have seen many Ipsy “unboxing” videos on YouTube and blog posts which I love but I decided to wait until the end of the month so that I could give you a full review after trying out all the products!
Here is my May Ipsy Bag Review:
1. Pacifica Eye Shadow Duo 2: This eye shadow duo is a shimmery purple and white. It took a couple swipes to build up the color for the swatches but I did not use any type of primer (which would make the color more vibrant). I don’t dislike the shadows but they aren’t my favorite. They are very shimmery and I think the white would make a pretty highlight for under the brow bone or inner eye. I will definitely use them but they wouldn’t be something I would automatically reach for.
2. Eva*NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask: Hands down, this is my absolute favorite product out of this month’s bag. It smells absolutely AMAZING and made my hair feel so soft and shiny! John and I had a mini-getaway for our anniversary and when he was pushing me in my wheelchair, he kept sniffing my hair all day because he thought it smelled so good! Definitely husband approved! I will most definitely be repurchasing this product! Ulta will actually have the line next week Buy 1 Get 1 Free next week (June 8-28) so I will be stocking up!
3. Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray: The thing I love about Ipsy is that I have the chance to try out products that I would have never purchased on my own. The bottle says that it is “key care for soothing hypersensitive, allergic, and irritated skin. Soothes sunburns, adjunctive to drying treatments, facial redness, diaper irritations, various irritations, razor burn, and after hair removal.” I most definitely struggle with sensitive skin and facial redness so I was looking forward to trying this out. I got sunburned while out for Abby’s birthday and this felt amazing on my skin. It was very cooling and soothing. I don’t know if I would ever buy a full size can of this product but I think this smaller size is very handy to keep on hand if you have sensitive skin.
4. Hey Honey Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask: Like I mentioned before my skin is fairly sensitive and I’m not getting any younger (menopause at 26 doesn’t help either) so good skin care is moving up on the priority list. I love the way my skin feels after using a facial mask so I was looking forward to trying this. I usually use a clay mask but there was something gratifying about using this peel off mask. Its like you are peeling off all the gunk. The mask is supposed to moisturize, brighten and smooth your skin. It definitely made my skin feel amazing. A little goes along way so I will get quite a bit of use out of this samples size (10mL). The full size (50mL) is $35 so I will likely not repurchase just because of costs and I feel like I get the similar results with my other face masks but I still think its a good product. They have a line of products specifically for redness and sensitivity that I would be interested in trying.
5. Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen: Of course, the importance of sunscreen cannot be said enough not just in the summer time but all year round and this was a great sunscreen to try. This is a natural sunscreen so it is oxybenzone free, paraben free, retinyl palmitate free, and has no synthetic fragrances. This was a creamy lotion and didn’t make my skin feel greasy at all. Hang Ten offers sunscreen in both lotion and spray as well as a mineral formula. At $12.99 the price is very comparable to other brands and I love that it is a natural formula. I would definitely purchase.
Every month your products arrive in a different little cosmetic bag and isn’t this month’s adorable? With summer starting up, May’s Glam Bag contain more skin care products than makeup products like previous months but I definitely enjoyed this bag and absolutely think I get my money’s worth with Ipsy. This was my third glam bag and I love finding the bright pink package in my mailbox! June’s Glam Bag should be arriving in the next week or so!
Are you subscribed to Ipsy? If so, what goodies did you find in your May Glam Bag? If not, what is your must-have summer beauty product?
Disclaimer: This is in no way, shape, or form a sponsored post and I gladly pay my $10 every month! I just wanted to share the Ipsy love! I have included my referral link which adds bonus points when used. Just trying to keep it real!