School is now in full swing. The air is starting to feel a bit crisper. Here in NC you have started to dress in layers for the chilly mornings, hot afternoons, and cool evenings. When I left the house this morning to take Abby to school, even though it was way too early, I had a little pep in my step as I could feel autumn drawing nearer in the air.
Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year! The weather is cooler. Leaves start changing. There is pumpkin spice something around every corner. And there is a little holiday known as my birthday. I’m not too thrilled about officially moving into my mid-30s but I still love a good celebration!
To kick off the season on a high note, I wanted to share what I love about fall:
1. What is your favorite fall fashion/clothing item? I’m going to cheat and share two favorites: My Rockstar skinny jeans from Old Navy and my black moto jacket. I am having to rebuild my wardrobe as I have shrunk out of just about everything I was able to wear last fall so thank goodness for Poshmark and being able to shop secondhand. Old Navy Rockstar skinnies are seriously the most comfortable jeans on the planet and a moto jacket goes with everything and adds the bit of edge i love to add to any outfit.
2. How does your beauty routine change in the fall? It is all about the vampy lip! I am obsessed with the Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Guess by ColourPop Cosmetics.
3. What is your favorite fall food? I love tomato soup with grilled cheese when the weather starts to turn cooler! Homemade chili would be a close second!
4. What is your favorite fall beverage? Hot apple cider! YUM!
5. What upcoming fall movie are you most looking forward to? The Peanuts Movie! I’m such a kid at heart!
6. What is your favorite new album? I know Skillet is working on a new album which makes me way beyond excited but I’m not sure of the release date!
7. What is your favorite TV show (which can include new premieres!)? NCIS of course which premiered tonight! I need to rewatch it again to be sure I didn’t miss anything!
8. What is your favorite outdoor activity during the fall? I love taking Chloe on easy hikes at the greenway, watching Abby ride her bike with her friends in the neighborhood while taking in the evening breeze, and taking weekend trips to the zoo! Since its not as hot, the animals are more active and it is a more enjoyable experience all the way around!
9. What is your favorite way to preserve summer as we head into the colder seasons? We look back at all of our snapshots from our summer adventures but we all love this time of year so there is so much to look forward to!
10. What traditions or family activities do you and yours do during fall? We always go to our local corn maze and pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch! This year I also want to visit an apple orchard so we can pick apples and make a fresh, homemade apple pie!
Now that you know some of the things that I love about fall, what are some of your favorite things about fall? Leave your answers in the comments or if you do a blog post using the same question, leave a link so I can come visit!