I’m pretty sure I’ve done this before but what the heck! Its fun and now that Abby is a little older, I’m sure my answers have changed!
25 Questions: Holiday Style
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate most definitely!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Everything gets wrapped! I love wrapping! Also everyone gets their own special wrapping paper! Abby picked out Toy Story this year!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on the tree in the living room. White lights on the playroom tree!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Actually never really thought about it! Need to add that to the list next year!
5. When do you hang your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey! YUM! I miss eating leftover turkey sandwiches the next day! Its just not the same on gluten-free bread!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I shared a room with my sister and my brother’s bedroom was right next to ours. On Christmas morning, we would all huddle in our room excitedly waiting to get the OK to run into the living room! We would pile up in one of our beds and giggle and try to guess what would be waiting under the tree!
8. What is on your Christmas wish list? I asked for a new lens for my camera! Also – some cute clothes would be great too! 🙂
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Just new pajamas!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our ornaments are a hodge-podge of handmade ornaments made by Abby (which are my favorites!), ornaments from trips we have taken or special events that have taken place (marriage, baby, etc), and traditional ornaments (like glass balls, candy canes, etc)
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it! If its going to be cold, let is snow! I loved having a white Christmas last year! Too bad it looks like that won’t happen this year :*(
12. Real tree or fake tree? Fake all the way! Too many allergies to have a real one!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Such a hard decision! As a child, I remember getting my first Cabbage Patch doll named Fruce (the name on his certificate was Bruce but I had speech issues so I called him Fruce). He went everywhere with me! So thankful that my mom saved him and now Abby is able to play with him too!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? The birth of Jesus and knowing the best gift we could ever receive is salvation that we are given through grace and the blood of Christ.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peanut Butter Balls! YUM!
16. What is your favorite tradition? We have always, always had Mexican for dinner on Christmas Eve. Honestly, we have no idea how it started but its a tradition we all love! A couple years ago, Dad actually made a traditional dinner (ham, etc) and the three of us siblings boycotted! Now our family is carrying on the tradition!
17. What tops your tree? A star! We really need to get a lit star for next year. It looks weird when the tree is lit.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving definitely!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Serious song: O Holy Night. Fun Contender: Christmas Tonight by Dave Barnes & Hillary Scott (if you are looking for a new Christmas album to listen to – definitely check out Dave Barnes!)
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum for a few minutes. Then I get tired of them!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation! We watch it every year while we decorate the tree! I also love Charlie Brown’s Christmas!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Homemade cookies and milk!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Not yet but Abby’s pretty young. I’m sure once she gets a little older we’ll have one!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? Both! I love the ease of shopping online but some things you’ve just got to pick out in the store.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Photo card! We live out of state from almost all our family so a photo card is a nice way to feel connected and allow family to see Abby growing up!
Let me know if you decide to do a post of your own answers to these questions! Would love to read them!
One comment on “25 Questions: Christmas Style”
#9 cracks me up! We are the same way. This year we were walking through Target and I saw some awesome Mens Jammies, and my husband said, “oh yeah, that reminds me, can we skip that tradition this year? ” I was APPAULLED. I’ve been opening Jammies on Christmas Eve my WHOLE LIFE. He said, “can’t you just wrap up some from my closet? I have so many now…?” Whatever dude, I already bought mine 🙂