Another year wiser–I’m not too sure about. But now that I’m three years away from turning…*gulp* 30, there are several things that I have thought about concerning where I thought I would be at the ripe old age of 27.
For starters I never thought that:
- Three years after starting to TTC that we would still be childless. I thought we would be on #2 by now.
- Even after multiple surgeries, I would still end up with a total hysterectomy.
- Even with a panel of doctors, they would still not be able to find a way to control my pain levels and I would have to make difficult choices regarding medications, nutrition, and rest.
But on the other hand, I never thought that :
- I would have such an amazing husband who stands by me through thick and thin and supports me through everything and who I grow to love more and more each day.
- That we would be able to see the heart of God every step of the way through the adoption process.
- That I would come to “meet” the most amazing and encouraging group of women through such adversities as infertility and chronic illness.
- That through my sickness God would open doors to share my faith and that in facing all of the hurdles that come along, He would provide the strength to overcome and draw me closer to His side.
- That I could love my child that I have never even met (and who may not even be conceived yet) so much that I would give my life for that child.