“Sharing Our Spoons” will be a weekly link-up where you are able to find support and encouragement to focus on your entire health. Not just physical but all of you. For this link-up you will be able to choose holistic goals to help you achieve optimal health. The five goals include:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
This week has been a little challenging energy-wise. Within the last couple days I have noticed a decrease in my pain. Last week I was really worried and ended up seeing my surgeon on Friday verses today because I was a little concerned. Thankfully he was able to give me some reassurance and let me know that I was on track and reminded me that with my history of endo and fibro I will talk a little longer to heal and feel better than the average person. Maybe it was a placebo or a mental boost but I have noticed some decrease in my pain since that visit.
Because I’ve been in less pain, I have started trying to be more active. For example, Saturday I spent the morning cleaning and then we went to the pool for an hour. Pain-wise I was surviving but I had totally blanked on taking my energy into consideration. The fatigue from the surgery is definitely still a struggle so I’m having to learn a balance of being active in my recovery versus managing my fatigue. That is definitely a big goal for this upcoming week!
Here is how I did this last week:
- Physical: Take a 10-15 minute walk (at a slow pace) every day
at least 5 times this week. Didn’t get all 5. I walked 2 days and then chased a 3 year old at the pool for an hour. Does that count? Definitely keeping this goal again for next week as I prepare to head back to work in 2 weeks.
- Mental: New goal is to send 3 “just because” letters this week! Done! Love this one! Going to keep it for a goal one more week so it will become a habit.
- Spiritual: Start new Bible study called Walking by Faith by Jennifer Rothschild. I started this week and really love it. I had the pleasure of hearing her speak at Women of Faith one year and I loved her passion and her courage to overcome challenges in life. One quote that has stuck with me ever since is “It may not be well with my circumstances, but it is well with my soul.” The would definitely be a great group study!
- Something Fun:After the chaos of the past two weeks and the recovery that I know is ahead, I am thinking that a little trip to the nail salon is in order for a pedicure. Done! Completed this morning! Love the color! Its a nice beachy blue-green! For next week’s goal, I want to continue to play around with a book I just purchased that has hair style ideas for Abby! I tried a new one this morning and I will admit it turned out really cute! I’m going to try to play with some of the other ones!
- Challenge: My challenge goal this week will be to plan out the next 2 weeks of posts. Didn’t plan out two weeks but I do have this entire week planned!
How is everyone else doing? I hope everyone is staying cool and avoiding some of these crazy storms I’ve been hearing about!