“Sharing Our Spoons” will be a weekly link-up where you are able to find support and encouragement to focus on your entire health. Not just physical but all of you. For this link-up you will be able to choose holistic goals to help you achieve optimal health. The five goals include:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
I had some doctor drama on Friday. The GI PA had seen after my trip to the ER gave me the final brush-off stating that all of my issues were related to my pain medications and it was his advice to stop all narcotics as he considered me high-risk. I can’t quite figure out what he meant by that but I’m guessing its not good. I ended really frustrated as our first visit with him seemed so promising but I was definitely upset that it came to that. I’ve never had that experience with my GI doctor so when I need to go back I’m going to be sure to schedule with him versus the PA. I was determined to make the best of the day however since John and I had a date night planned to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary! John lined up a sitter for Abby overnight so we had the entire night to ourselves and it was heavenly! We went to dinner at Outback and I think I had the best steak of my life! It was so tender and it was cooked perfectly and it didn’t affect my gastroparesis at all either! Triple win! We spent the rest of the night just hanging out and having a 24 marathon! It was like we were newlyweds again! All-in-all, it was a great weekend! I was able to be much more active which was great! I hit a wall yesterday but trying to stay positive!
So here are my initial goals goals & progress:
- Physical: cut back to 1 soda a day. Some people drink coffee, I would like a coke. Then its water. Not totally where I’d like to be yet but definitely doing better! Crystal Light has been making the switch a little easier! Still keeping this goal for next week!
- Mental/Emotional: Start journaling. I need a place where I can write completely unfiltered. I’ve gotten started on this. Haven’t quite gotten to the point where I’m feeling a difference in my mental/emotional state. Having the one-on-one time this weekend with John has really helped as I felt like I was able to be heard. Going to stick with this goal another week and see how I feel.
- Spiritual: Start a new devotional book – All I Need is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans. Love this book! The writing is very conversational and since its written by a minister’s wife I definitely feel like I can relate!
- Something fun: Get my nails done! My anxiety has really done a number on my nails so I’m treating myself to a manicure! Totally meant to change this goal last week! Oops! However, once again I’ve done a number on my nails so they could still use some work. My something fun for the week was getting dressed up for our date night! I just wore a black button-up shirt and dark wash jeans but I just felt confident and sexy when we went out! I rocked heels and played up my makeup so it was fun! Definitely need to make it a regular thing! For this coming week, I want to look for one piece of jewelry to add to my collection that is bold and fun!
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week. Get into climbing shape though walking and completing the push-up challenge. My joints have really been flaring so I haven’t done much with this goal yet. It seems to have settled into my knees and elbows so I’ve been a little hesitant but still not going to give up on this goal!
How was your week? Be sure to link up! Also, be sure to find Sharing Our Spoons on Facebook for daily support and encouragement!