“Maybe” was the word of the appointment Tuesday at my gastroenterologist’s office.
Maybe my system is just a little sluggish.
Maybe my gastroparesis has just gotten worse.
Maybe there is in fact another obstruction on the horizon.
The last one scares me the most.
We did several x-rays in the office and they didn’t show an obstruction at that moment but my symptoms combined with my history raised some alarms. Before an obstruction forms, there is often some kinking and unkinking as scar tissue is working its magic so that could be what is causing the variance in symptoms and why nothing could be seen at the time. I had all of the same tests that showed similar results 3 weeks before my emergency surgery.
In effort to give my system a break, I’ve been on clear liquids only the last 48 hours and starting tomorrow I can transition to soft foods for the next week (the delicious gluten-free glazed donuts I ordered that were delivered today will just have to wait unfortunately). The clear liquids seemed to provide some relief from the pain and nausea but if reintroducing even soft foods causes symptoms to return, I am to call immediately. Any sudden increase or intensity of pain means I get my hiney to their ER immediately. She mentioned the two words NG Tube and I’ve been having nightmares ever since.
It really is a waiting game and its a game I am not very good at.