1. My favorite quote is Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know I have the plans for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
2. A bad habit I have is playing with my hair. Now that its longer, I keep messing with it especially when I’m stressed. I end up pulling it up then taking it down then pulling it back up etc. My hair is flat as a pancake by the afternoon. I need to get one of those stress ball things.
3. The first time I felt like a “grown up” was six months after we were married with BOTH of our cars died. Good times. So when we were car shopping and filling out all of the loan paperwork, grown up life hit quick! We got scammed but we learned! LOL 🙂
4. Weekends are are all about family. On the weekends all I want to do is spend time with John and Abby. The house suffers for it but I want to make up for time during the week spent working!
5. When I was a child I wished my name was something that people could spell correctly. I don’t ever remember wishing for a specific name. I just wanted people to spell my name right! I still wish for people to be able to spell my name correctly! Two E’s and no I people. Not too difficult. Especially if I’ve been in your family my entire life and I’ve worked with you for over 5 years.
6. I wish I could have a week off where I could deep clean and really organize our house. This would require a shopping spree at the Container Store but I would love to get to a place where I felt like our house was completely organized. A girl can dream right?
7. A secret I have is that I just finished a post about sex for the Fight Like a Girl Club and now have very few secrets. LOL. But chronic illness, specifically in this article endometriosis, has a big impact on that part of life and it needs to be talked about. Just never thought this shy introvert would ever have the guts to do it! Here is the link to the article.
4 comments on “Fill in the Blank Friday”
I hated my name as a kid, no one could pronounce it or spell it and I went by my first and middle name, a real southern girl. I wanted to be Jennifer.
I, a shy, introverted single, read your post on “the s-word.” First of all, well done! I’m sure that wasn’t easy for you! And it’s very well written, too!
One of my (virgin, female) friends loves to talk about sex. At first I thought it was just with me because I was the (un)lucky one who explained circumcision to her but I’ve realized she has had these conversations more than once. We have a mutual (married, female) friend we call our “sexpert.” Our lunches (yes, in public and sometimes co-ed) often involve conversations that I’m sure make neighboring tables cringe. But, I’ve found it’s actually really healthy to ask these questions, hear these answers. God created sex. (Gasp!) It’s something that needs to be talked about. Even for singles.
By the way, this goes on record as one of the weirdest comments I have ever made… EVER!
that is one of my favorite Bible verses as well 🙂