30 Day Blog Challenge – Day 25: Something that you miss
As I mentioned in my 20 facts post, I was a runner throughout high school and college. I was never fast but I was dedicated. I mostly ran the mile and two-mile races during meets and while I was never fast enough to run on the collegiate level, I continued to run throughout college.
There is just something about running that I loved. It was more than just the physical activity but it was almost emotional and spiritual at the same time. I have prayed some of the deepest prayers and done the most thinking on runs where its just me and God.
I miss it. A lot.
Between the pain and crushing fatigue that often accompanies chronic illness, it has just not been in the cards for me lately. There was a period of time after my Celiac diagnosis that I was able to run again for several months before my endometrioisis made its return post-hysterectomy. I was hoping the most recent surgery would have allowed me to get back on the road but haven’t got there.
For the first time in weeks (or maybe in months), I feel encouraged that my pain will not always be this way. Will I ever be completely pain-free? Not likely. However, the constant pelvic pain will hopefully ease up as physical therapy progresses. The first 3 weeks of PT have been very difficult and very painful but for the first time today I didn’t leave the office in tears. Progress. There were definitely some painful moments and I’m still a little crampy but not like last week. Progress. As we get these lower abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles loosened up, I should see my pain levels lower. Progress.
I love progress. I may never run a marathon but at this point, a jog around the neighborhood would do just fine!
And because everyone needs a giggle on a Wednesday, I am pretty sure the following is pretty accurate/
30 Day Blog Challenge – Day 24: What’s in your purse?
This was another post I was really looked forward to when starting the challenge!
1. My coupon organizer (purchased from GlowGirl on Etsy)
2. My wallet
3. My fantastic planner
4. My blog business cards (holder purchased from OC Style Creations on Etsy)
5. My meds Can’t leave home without them!
6. My BFF – my TENS unit
7. Gum – when I get the urge to snack, I chew gum.
8. My keys (key fob also purchased from OC Style Creations)
Now you’ve seen the contents of my purse, what’s in yours?
30 Day Blog Challenge – Day 23: 20 Facts About Yourself
- I was born in Rome….New York. I was an Air Force brat for all of 2 1/2 weeks before my dad got out of the Air Force and we headed south.
- My name is the combination of both my parents – Jamee from James (my dad) and Lynne (from my mom – its her middle name).
- I am the middle child
and only have a few unresolved issues from childhood.
- I have a birth mark on the back of my right leg.
- I have had the pleasure of wearing braces twice (come on, I know you are jealous).
- I want Lasik surgery but currently they do not have a procedure yet that would handle my astigmatism plus my blind-as-a-bat vision.
- When I was 15 I traveled to Australia and New Zealand as a student ambassador for 3 weeks.
- I was a member of the track team all 4 years of high school. The mile and 2-mile races where my usual events.
- I ribboned in a race we ran against a foreign track team (Russian, I think) by placing 6th.
- My family did the whole cross-country trip Griswold-style and somehow managed to survive. It was a really fun trip though and I’m thankful that I was able to see the country like that. We even got snowed on at the Grand Canyon in July.
- I made All-Area band every year I tried out (8th-12th grades) and made District once.
- I got a trophy in the 10th grade for being the 3rd fastest typer. As if I needed any help looking like a nerd.
- My first job was at Wendy’s.
- I went to college 5 hours away from home and didn’t know a soul.
- I received my bachelor’s degree in Music Education, my master’s degree in Pastoral Care and Counseling, and currently work in the operations and telecommunications department of a university. Someone figure that one out for me.
- I met my husband on his first weekend at college and we played in a praise band together.
- My husband proposed to me by sending me on a scavenger hunt that ended at the restaurant where we had our first date.
- I tripped getting up the stairs during our wedding. Should have practiced the stairs a bit more.
- Our first stop on our honeymoon was to Wal-mart as I had forgotten to pack contact solution.
- Currently my favorite cereal is Marshmallow Pebbles.