Its time for another monthly link up of Sharing Our Spoons!
Here are the goal guidelines:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
Progress linkups will be posted the first Tuesday of every month!
Here were my goals for September & the changes I plan to make for October!:
- Physical: Cut back to one soda a day. I have totally backslidden on this goal. Ugh. I’ve struggled more with nausea this month (hopefully that is not a sign of pending problems) so I’ve leaned a little more on it than I most definitely should as I’m not eating as much. For November, I’m going to shift gears and focus on being more active. I have the opportunity to review a new at-home workout system so my goal is to do at least 20 minutes of exercise 3 times a week! I cannot wait to share the details!
- Mental/Emotional: Schedule lunch with a former professor to help gain perspective on the impact of this most recent surgery and help reassess my goals as far as how my illness affects my ministry. I finally had lunch with my professor and it was amazing! Now to make it a regular event! For November, my goal is to complete National Health Blog Post with WeGo Health (which you probably have noticed has already kicked off). The prompts are so well-rounded and really address all aspects of living with illness.
- Spiritual: Read How to Start A Chronic Illness Small Group Ministry by Lisa Copen and continue to pray for God’s guidance in whether or not to start a group locally. Still working on getting it finished (and still loving it). My goal is to be absolutely finished by the end of the month! One of the prompts for NHBPM is to review a book so I can kill two birds with one stone.
- Something fun: Participate in What I Wore Wednesday blog linkups at least 3 times this month. Another fail. I am not taking this done because it is something I really, really want to do darnit! I just got a tripod and remote for my camera so I cannot use the excuse of forgetting to have J take a picture!
- BONUS: Take a step out of your comfort zone. October was Tough Stuff Month over at WeGo Health and they hosted a blog carnival and I wanted to link up with at least one blog post! My post Choosing Hope vs Facing Reality was definitely a very difficult post to write. My mouse hovered over the publish button before building the courage to click it and I am so thankful for all of the words of encouragement and support I received in response. You all are amazing and your support and kindness mean the world to me! This month I’m taking it light and my bonus goal is to plan a special date for my husband and I on vacation! We are heading the beach in a couple weeks and my parents will be joining us for part of the trip and I plan to take advantage of the free babysitting! It has definitely been too long since we had a date night so since we’ll be away from home I want to step it up and notch! I’ve already picked out a new dress and hope to plan out a couple more surprises
What are your goals for the month? You can link up your blog post in the linky below or leave your goals in a comment!