Its a dreary and cold Friday. Perfect day for another round of Fill In The Blanks . . .
1. If I could only read one magazine publication for the rest of eternity, I would choose Self. It is the perfect mix of articles.
2. If I were to run my own magazine it would be about women’s health.
3. I buy my magazines (at the grocery check stand or via subscription) mostly via subscription…free subscription that is. I do pick up at the checkout line every now and then if one looks good.
4. I prefer my magazines (in print or online) in print hands down. Magazines are perfect for when I’m flaring.
5. The number of magazines I buy each month is 1 or 2. Most of my magazines that I read I have free subscriptions for.
6. My favorite magazine genre is (lifestyle, gossip, home, etc…) fashion and health mostly. I do like some decor magazines. I loved Domino magazine before they canceled it.
7. The magazines I read regularly are Self, Shape, Fitness, Real Simple, and Parenting.
1. If my house was on fire and I could only grab 3 things I would grab my daughter, my husband, and my dogs. If living things were not included, I would grab my picture box, laptop, and cellphone.
2. A smell I really like is freshly baked cookies! Yum.
3. Something you might not know about me is that I was a music major in undergrad and the horn was my concentration (yes – the geekiest instrument on the planet – but I rocked).
4. Some of my favorite websites to putter about on are
Google Reader, Twitter, Weheartit
, and Etsy
! I could spend hours getting lost in Etsy! Lately I’ve been gathering ideas of Abby’s *gulp* 2nd birthday!
5. This weekend I will be taking the dogs to the vet & groomers and hopefully catching up on sleep from this week’s insomnia fest. Oh and the house. Its a disaster!
6. Nothing makes me happier than getting a hug and kiss from Abby for no reason and without asking! LOVE IT!
7. A bad habit I have is leaving a pile of clothes in the floor in the bedroom. I usually get it picked up every 2 or 3 days but it annoys the crap out of me that I do it.
Fill in the blanks in the comments or link up your blog post over at The Little Things We Do
(and leave me a link here too!)
1. My favorite quote is Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know I have the plans for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
2. A bad habit I have is playing with my hair. Now that its longer, I keep messing with it especially when I’m stressed. I end up pulling it up then taking it down then pulling it back up etc. My hair is flat as a pancake by the afternoon. I need to get one of those stress ball things.
3. The first time I felt like a “grown up” was six months after we were married with BOTH of our cars died. Good times. So when we were car shopping and filling out all of the loan paperwork, grown up life hit quick! We got scammed but we learned! LOL 🙂
4. Weekends are are all about family. On the weekends all I want to do is spend time with John and Abby. The house suffers for it but I want to make up for time during the week spent working!
5. When I was a child I wished my name was something that people could spell correctly. I don’t ever remember wishing for a specific name. I just wanted people to spell my name right! I still wish for people to be able to spell my name correctly! Two E’s and no I people. Not too difficult. Especially if I’ve been in your family my entire life and I’ve worked with you for over 5 years.
6. I wish I could have a week off where I could deep clean and really organize our house. This would require a shopping spree at the Container Store but I would love to get to a place where I felt like our house was completely organized. A girl can dream right?
7. A secret I have is
that I just finished a post about sex for the Fight Like a Girl Club and now have very few secrets. LOL. But chronic illness, specifically in this article endometriosis, has a big impact on that part of life and it needs to be talked about. Just never thought this shy introvert would ever have the guts to do it! Here is the link
to the article.