To state that I’ve been completely blessed by the communities that I have found online to help deal with illness as well as support making positive diet and exercise decisions and then it hit me – why not combine them?
“Sharing Our Spoons” will be a monthlylink-up where you are able to find support and encouragement to focus on your entire health. Not just physical but all of you. For this link-up you will be able to choose holistic goals to help you achieve optimal health. The five goals include:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
On the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month, we will feature SOS Community interviews which will provide a platform for others to share their stories, teach us all a little about what they have learned on their journey, and enhance our community. You do not have to be a blogger nor do you need to participate in the monthly SOS Goals check-ins in order to be interviewed! Interviews will be posted the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month starting in September! If you would like to be interviewed and share your story (or you know someone who might), please email me at anewkindofnormal (at) gmail (dot) com and use Sharing Our Spoons Interviews in the subject line!
The 3rd Tuesday of the month will be a Sharing Our Spoons Link Love post that will be published on the 3rd Tuesday of the month that will contain links to new medical news or other articles related to chronic illness, favorite blog posts, and some fun links (ahem, pinterest love anyone?)! Feel free to forward me any links that you think would be great additions to the list through email, twitter, or Facebook!
You can also join the Sharing Our Spoons FB group for encouragement and support through the daily grind!