My lovely friend Amber over at The Daily Tribal was gracious enough to bestow not one but TWO blog awards – the Happy 101 Blog Award and the Lemonade Stand Award! If I knew that I was going to need to make an acceptance speech, I would have dressed nicer! LOL 🙂
For the Happy 101 Award, I am to list 10 things that make me happy!
- Jesus & His infinite grace (see my previous post!)
- My amazing husband who can make me smile even when I am at my worst and puts up with me through it all!
- My beautiful amazing daughter! One smile and all the troubles of the day go away!
- My two dogs. Charlie has been my faithful companion over the last 8 years and she always knows when I need her most. Chloe is just goofy and keeps us entertained (plus she loves to snuggle!)
- Cake – especially the frosting! Any celebration is made better with cake!
- Dr. Pepper – oh how I love thee! For now I’m stuck with the diet version (which regardless of what the commercials say it does not taste like the original).
- Music. How on earth would I get by without music?!
- The sound of the ocean. Vacation can’t get here soon enough!
- Shopping. I love shopping – even when I don’t by anything! Right now I would much rather shop for Abby or someone else as I just feel defeated trying anything on for myself but hopefully soon that will change!
- My family. My favorite thing about the holidays is getting to spend time with my family. I miss them so much! I am incredibly close to my parents and I am so thankful for that!
So here are the rules for both awards:
Happy 101 Award:
1) List 10 things that make me happy
2) Try to do at least one of them today
3) Tag 10 bloggers that brighten my day
4) For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your own “makes you happy” list
Lemonade Stand Award:
– Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post
– Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude
– Link the nominees within your post
– Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
– Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award
My nominees for this award are:
April at April Showers Blog Design
Sarah at Bunches of Burches
Sarah at Domestically Challenged
Nicole at The Young Mama Blog
Christie at Baby Tea Leaves
Jackie at A Step at a Time
Joanna at Planned Spontaneity
Brooke at Three Cheers for Babies
I’m cheating on only listing 8! I’m a rebel like that!