I hope your new year is off with a bang! After having the last week and a half off from work for the holidays, it was SO hard to have the alarm go off this morning! Abby had crawled in bed next to me and when she heard it she said, “No, Mommy! It’s still dark outside so its time to stay in bed!” Oh, my child, how I whole-heartedly agree!
The new year is the perfect time to set new goals! We will hear endlessly about New Years Resolutions in the media (for the next month anyways before they all get ditched) and while I admit, I am a prime example for creating goals but falling terribly short on the follow through. I have a bad habit of creating really big goals and then getting really discouraged when they cannot be achieved quickly and then usually end up giving up all together so this year I am trying to focus on smaller goals that I can build upon as the year progresses.
As I reviewed the past year’s posts as I created my list of favorite posts of 2012, it was easy to notice how thin posting got as the year drew to a close so I am really hoping the new year helps me refocus and re-energize. A New Kind of Normal needs some new life in 2013! I am loving my new blog planner from Click It Up a Notch and I picked up a couple new writing books at Christmas (one I am starting with is 642 Things to Write About) so feel really good about what 2013 has in store! My husband and I also got a new laptop – a Macbook Pro! – as our Christmas gift to each other which has taken some adjusting but I’m digging it so far!
Onto the goals -
- Post at least 3 times a week. Quality over quantity.
- Read & COMMENT on at least 3 blogs a day. I have gotten so slack on commenting and after reading a New Years Resolutions for Bloggers post by the fabulous Jia, it has seemed to have become a common (and sad) trend in the blogosphere so I am hoping to join with other bloggers to breathe some life back into blog comments!
- Guest blog at least 3 times throughout the year.
- Feature at least 3 new guest bloggers here at A New Kind of Normal this year. I love showing off fresh faces and I am sure you all get tired of hearing me blab!
- Organize & complete the 2nd annual Blogging for Endometriosis Awareness campaign.
- Grow blog stats by 20%. I am not a huge numbers girl and do not equal my value as a blogger with my stats but I know tracking my stats encourages me to be more active.
- Attend Type A Conference in Atlanta in September! I cannot wait!
- Follow through the book Mom Blog SEO by the awesome Kelby Carr! I have really been wanting to do this as my SEO skills are zilch so I think 2013 needs to be the year to master it! Anyone want to work through it with me?
- Have head shots taken! This is definitely not a necessity but for fun! Why not have an excuse to get all gussied up for some pictures?
That should keep me plenty busy for 2013!
Have you created any goals for the New Year (blogging or otherwise)?