As a Sharing Our Spoons refresher, here are the goal guidelines:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
Progress linkups will be posted the first Tuesday of every month!
Here were my goals for September & the changes I plan to make for August:
- Physical: Take a 10 minute walk every day. I have definitely made more of a point of getting outside more often. I just got in from a walk with both of the dogs before I sat down to right this! For this month, I actually want to create a daily schedule with daily walks and stretching being an important way to start it off. I am a creature of habit and I like having a schedule and it has been one of the hardest adjustments to make since starting disability. Now that Abby is in school every day, it is time to get a new rhythm created in all aspects of my life so creating this daily schedule will definitely play a role in all of my goals for the month. Definitely keeping the goal of taking a 10 minute walk every day and doing my stretches.
- Mental/Emotional: Get out of the house! We are currently adjusting to being a one car household (at least temporarily until my disability case gets approved – fingers crossed on good news on the initial decision) so obviously that has become a factor but I have definitely been making the effort from not keeping myself as closed off. We have been more active as a family and I am trying to get out of the house when I can! I enjoyed a great girls afternoon out with one of our youth girls getting our nails done! Even though the nail technician thought I was her mother! I have also been working on being more active online which has been great in helping me feel more positive and moving in the right direction. As part of the daily schedule, I want to work on scheduling in time to write. Since starting disability, I have really struggled with the feelings of not having a purpose but I know blogging and the opportunities that God has presented with sharing my story both online and off are very important to me and I don’t feel like I have been dedicating myself as much as I should so I know that is a big part of why I have been struggling with my identity and purpose. I want to schedule time every weekday to write even if I don’t post every day. I want to dedicate time to making this blog as best as it came be as a resource and community for those battling chronic illness. Type A Conference is coming up so I am very excited about the opportunity to learn and be reenergized!
- Spiritual: Do nightly devotions with my husband. We have started working through Night Light: A Devotional for Couples which has been great. We have created the habit of reading the Bible with Abby every night before she goes to bed and then once she is asleep, we do our devotion. It is so awesome as a mom to see my daughter get so excited about reading her Bible and hear her retell the stories back to me. What I love about the Night Light devotional is that all of the questions not only challenge you to think about your faith but also are very practical in how you live out your faith by how your show your love and appreciation for your spouse in your every day life. This month, while I want to keep our nightly devotions a habit, I know that I need more personal time in the Word so as a part of my daily schedule, I want to block out time for my personal walk. My morning schedule is going to be as follows: after getting Abby & John out the door: personal devotion time, exercise and stretching, getting ready for the day, and then writing and blog work (such as emails and putting together new posts as well as revamping and updating old posts).
- Something fun: Time to put my Pinterest boards to use! Got this started and definitely want to keep it going! The inaugural post of Been There, Pinned That went up last week! It was definitely a lot of fun and definitely want to keep this a goal for this month and keep trying out more new recipes, makeup looks, and outfit ideas!
- BONUS: I’ve got a HUGE secret project that I am working on and I can’t wait to spill the beans! I’ve still got a little bit before I can share the details but it is HUGE! I am very, very excited! Speaking of secrets and fun projects, have you signed up for Secret Spoonie Sisters yet? Signups will run through September and will kick-off October 1st!
How did you do with your August goals/ What are your goals for the new month? You can link up your blog post in the linky below or leave your goals in a comment!