“Sharing Our Spoons” will be a weekly link-up where you are able to find support and encouragement to focus on your entire health. Not just physical but all of you. For this link-up you will be able to choose holistic goals to help you achieve optimal health. The five goals include:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
The past week I have really been struggling pain-wise. I started a new treatment for my endometriosis but I’m not sure if that is what has caused the increase in pain or if I was headed for a flare anyway from my active weekend and the timing was just a coincidence. I really have had no motivation to do anything but have been in survival-mode more or less and it really stinks. Yesterday, I came straight home from work and went to bed and was asleep before 6. That is NOT normal. My doctor wants to give the new treatment at least six weeks before making a decision so I’m going to try to keep pushing through and see if maybe the pain and bloating will die down once my body gets adjusted!
So here are my initial goals & progress:
- Physical: cut back to 1 soda a day. Some people drink coffee, I would like a coke. Then its water. Did much better this week! Going to hang onto this goal one more week to be sure that it becomes a habit!
- Mental/Emotional: Start journaling. I need a place where I can write completely unfiltered. Stunk this up. Going to try one more week.
- Spiritual: Start a new devotional book – All I Need is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans. Didn’t pick it up once. Shame on me 🙁
- Something fun: Add one fun piece of jewelry to my collection that is bold & fun! Of course I rocked this one! 🙂 Etsy.com is seriously a dangerous place! You can find some really expensive pieces but also some great ones that are budget-friendly! I had so much trouble picking one but I went with this turquoise necklace that is 54″ long so it can be worn triple looped like shown in the pic or double looped to wear longer from OnlyPearl! It has shipped & I can’t wait to show it off when it comes in! Here is a sneak peek:
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week. Get into climbing shape though walking and completing the push-up challenge. Because of pain, I haven’t been able to work on this and need to make my bonus something that I can make achievable in the near future so for now, I’m going to change the goal to working on writing a guest article for the American Fertility Association who has asked me to submit a couple articles on my infertility and adoption journey for them to review and possibly feature on their site! Woo-hoo!
How was your week? Be sure to link up! Also, be sure to find Sharing Our Spoons on Facebook for daily support and encouragement! Come back tomorrow for the continuation of the Chronic Illness & Marriage series!