“Sharing Our Spoons” will be a weekly link-up where you are able to find support and encouragement to focus on your entire health. Not just physical but all of you. For this link-up you will be able to choose holistic goals to help you achieve optimal health. The five goals include:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
So here are my goals:
- Physical: Take a 10-15 minute walk (at a slow pace) every day. It will help a ton with my recovery and will help me fight cabin fever as I am still unable to drive.
- Mental: This may sound cheesy but I want to take at least 15 minutes a day to be able to totally relax. No phone. No TV. No Twitter. Just a time to be able to totally relax. I came across these awesome coloring pages and doodle pages to help you relax and relieve stress while helping boost your creativity. Can’t wait to try these!
- Spiritual: My friend Mamie gave me a new bible study to do called Walking by Faith that I am really looking forward to starting. The topics included in the study include taking risks, giving God control, trusting in His will, preserving through hardship, and being guided by the Truth. Does that not sound completely applicable to life with chronic illness? If anyone wants to walk through it with me, let me know!
- Something Fun:After the chaos of the past two weeks and the recovery that I know is ahead, I am thinking that a little trip to the nail salon is in order for a pedicure. Because of my incision I have difficulty reaching my feet which is totally a legit reason for a pedi, right?
- Challenge: Work on writing a guest article for the American Fertility Association who has asked me to submit a couple articles on my infertility and adoption journey for them to review and possibly feature on their site!
How has your week gone?