Excited to be relaunching Sharing Our Spoons! Initially we tried to make this a weekly link-up but working on five goals a week was pretty intensive and way too much pressure so collectively we decided to try making SOS a monthly link-up! I think this will allow for some short-term goals but will help create long-term perspective as well!
Here are the goal guidelines:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
Progress link-ups will be posted the first Tuesday of every month!
Here are my goals for September:
- Physical:Cut back to one soda a day. Since my surgery, Coke has been my trusty companion because of the nausea. Now that we have the nausea controlled to a minimum, its time to cut the cord. So far I’ve been lucky enough to maintain the 20 lb weight loss from surgery but I need to start making healthier choices starting with soda.
- Mental/Emotional: Schedule lunch with a former professor to help gain perspective on the impact of this most recent surgery and help reassess my goals as far as how my illness affects my ministry.
- Spiritual: Read How to Start A Chronic Illness Small Group Ministry by Lisa Copen and continue to pray for God’s guidance in whether or not to start a group locally.
- Something fun: Participate in What I Wore Wednesday blog link-ups at least 3 times this month.
- BONUS: I am working on a big project which is definitely taking me out of my comfort zone! MAJORLY! I cannot wait to share the details with you guys and will definitely need your help once it’s launched! I don’t want to share too much right now but it revolves around taking a big step to help spread endometriosis awareness!
What are your goals for the month? You can link up your blog post in the linky below or leave your goals in a comment!