Can you believe that March is only 3 days away which means the THIRD annual Blogging for Endometriosis Awareness campaign is kicking off?! I can’t believe it! 3 years ago I would never have imagined the way that this dream of bringing bloggers together to help raise endometriosis awareness would have come to fruition and we would be embarking on our third campaign!
This year is going to be even bigger with a goal to put our feet on the ground and make a tangible effort to increase awareness, education, and research by fundraising for the Endometriosis Research Center. Our Blogging for Endometriosis campaign goal is $250 but I know we can blow that out of the water! If you didn’t see on twitter or Facebook yesterday, next month I am scheduled for an endometriosis-specific ultrasound next month which is brand new technology that allows endometriosis and adhesions to be viewed via ultrasound! This has never been possible before and currently is only offered in 2 locations in the US! This is a HUGE step forward in the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis! By continuing our efforts, we can help this technology be more readily available and continue to make steps forward in the advancement of endo research! Be sure to share our fundraising campaign link throughout the month as well as linking up your blog posts!
I thought that a great way to kickoff the campaign would be a fun little linkup answering some questions about ourselves (both about our endo histories and some fun/silly questions) to get to know our endo sisters a little better! You can answer these questions in a blog post anytime this week and add to the link up! If you don’t have a blog and still want to participate, you can answer the questions in the comment section!
- How long I have been diagnosed with endo:
- Types of treatments I have tried to my journey with endo:
- My biggest frustration of living with endo:
- The biggest hidden blessing that has come with living with endo:
- If I had to pick a song that would be my “battle anthem” for living with endo, it would be:
- The food I could not live without:
- My favorite guilty pleasure:
- My favorite place to shop:
- My favorite drool-worthy actor:
- If I could be doing anything today it would be:
- 1. I have been diagnosed almost 11 years.
- 2. I have had 5 surgeries including a total hysterectomy, a 3 month course of Lupron, and every birth control on the market.
- 3. My biggest frustration is going through with the hysterectomy and still not having relief. Despite removing ovaries, the darn stuff keeps coming back!
- 4. The biggest hidden blessing of living with endo has been being able to meet so many amazing, inspiring, and strong women along the way.
- 5. This is a tough one even thought I’m the one who created the questions! I would have to say “Whispers In The Dark” by Skillet because it reminds me that I am never alone. God is with me and He puts people in my path to light the way and remind me that the best is yet to come.
- 6. Pizza. Oh my goodness pizza. If I could have one day where I didn’t have to worry about Celiac or being gluten-free, the first thing I would do would be to go to Pizza Hut and order a stuffed crust pizza with pepperoni, beef, and extra cheese. With breadsticks. I just drooled on my keyboard! Thankfully I have found some pretty decent gluten-free options to hold me over!
- 7. My most recent guilty pleasure would be watching makeup tutorials on YouTube! Its like crack! I have always loved makeup but totally lack the skills so I like to pretend I know what I’m doing with the tutorials!
- 8. I love shopping at Maurices but since I’ve been on disability and not working, I’ve been on more of an Old Navy (on clearance) budget 🙂
- 9. Is there even a doubt who my favorite it? Mark Harmon (aka Leroy Jethro Gibbs). Yes, I totally have a thing for older men which is funny since my husband is younger than I am!
- 10. If I could be anywhere today it would be Animal Kingdom (at WDW) riding the Expedition Everest as many times as possible without getting sick 🙂
[inlinkz_linkup id=376561 mode=1]