30 Day Blog Challenge – Day 23: 20 Facts About Yourself
- I was born in Rome….New York. I was an Air Force brat for all of 2 1/2 weeks before my dad got out of the Air Force and we headed south.
- My name is the combination of both my parents – Jamee from James (my dad) and Lynne (from my mom – its her middle name).
- I am the middle child
and only have a few unresolved issues from childhood.
- I have a birth mark on the back of my right leg.
- I have had the pleasure of wearing braces twice (come on, I know you are jealous).
- I want Lasik surgery but currently they do not have a procedure yet that would handle my astigmatism plus my blind-as-a-bat vision.
- When I was 15 I traveled to Australia and New Zealand as a student ambassador for 3 weeks.
- I was a member of the track team all 4 years of high school. The mile and 2-mile races where my usual events.
- I ribboned in a race we ran against a foreign track team (Russian, I think) by placing 6th.
- My family did the whole cross-country trip Griswold-style and somehow managed to survive. It was a really fun trip though and I’m thankful that I was able to see the country like that. We even got snowed on at the Grand Canyon in July.
- I made All-Area band every year I tried out (8th-12th grades) and made District once.
- I got a trophy in the 10th grade for being the 3rd fastest typer. As if I needed any help looking like a nerd.
- My first job was at Wendy’s.
- I went to college 5 hours away from home and didn’t know a soul.
- I received my bachelor’s degree in Music Education, my master’s degree in Pastoral Care and Counseling, and currently work in the operations and telecommunications department of a university. Someone figure that one out for me.
- I met my husband on his first weekend at college and we played in a praise band together.
- My husband proposed to me by sending me on a scavenger hunt that ended at the restaurant where we had our first date.
- I tripped getting up the stairs during our wedding. Should have practiced the stairs a bit more.
- Our first stop on our honeymoon was to Wal-mart as I had forgotten to pack contact solution.
- Currently my favorite cereal is Marshmallow Pebbles.
9 comments on “Day 23: 20 Facts”
I am getting in line if they ever have Lasik for blind-as-a-bat vision and astigmatism. Ahh life without contacts or glasses…joy!
So glad I’m not alone! When I renewed my license at the DMV, the officer reminded me that I am required to wear my corrective lenses and I just laughed at her. I wouldn’t even be able to find my car much less drive it! LOL
I have a birthmark on the side of my left thigh and a smaller lighter one on my right hip. 🙂
I tripped up the stairs/altar at confirmation.
Glad to know I’m not the only blind person around here! Hubs has — on more than one occasion — had to help me locate my glasses if I’ve knocked them off my bedside table. I’m THAT blind. And yes, astigmatism here as well. Thank God it’s mild. Although I’ve noticed over the past year or so that my eyesight is, um, worsening.
Getting old sucks.
I still want to do a cross-country trip. One of these days….
oh gosh! If I not my glasses off my nightstand then I’m a goner! I have had to wake up my husband on more than one occasion to help me find them! Thankfully my eyesight has stayed pretty steady the last couple years. No improvement, still blind a as a bat, but I will take that over it continuing to get worse!
I love that you won an award in 10th grade for typing. I won a typing award in 11th grade and people always joke that it wasn’t a real award. I think it was early prep for becoming a blogger one day 🙂
Of course its a real award! I totally rocked a trophy for my achievement (being totally serious – I got a trophy – lol). As much as I type between work & blogging, I am totally proud of my mad typing skills 🙂
[…] I mentioned in my 20 facts post, I was a runner throughout high school and college. I was never fast but I was dedicated. I mostly […]