I have exactly 6 months until my 30th birthday.
Both scary and exciting.
I’m hoping to have a complete handle on life by then.
Wouldn’t that be great if it was that easy?
Of course I can’t plan for perfection but I can plan for some fun and adventure in the meantime.
So here are 10 things on my list (that have absolutely nothing to do with my illnesses):
1. Add a new tattoo to my collection! Can’t decide if I want to do my wrist (which would be Abby’s name in Hebrew), foot (which would be Romans 10:15), or side (which would be a lyric from my fav Skillet song)! Thoughts?
2. Attend a blog conference! BloggyBootCamp Atlanta is just a few days after my birthday so I’m keeping my fingers crossed to attend!
3. Live it up at Disney (and not kill myself in the process)! The last time I was at Disney was 1989 so I think quite a bit has changed since then! Trip currently planned for September! We fly down on Sept 11th. Good or bad day to fly?
4. Find a workout that actually works for my body whether it be walking or water aerobics. We are joining the Y soon so I am looking forward to trying out a couple different classes as well as taking advantage of the pool!
5. Buy a bike and ride to work! I live about a mile from my office so its silly not to have a greener commute! I pick biking over walking because I drop Abby off at daycare in the mornings and it would be easy to pop her a seat like this and drop her off on my way to the office (which is conveniently just down the street!) and not have to worry about a stroller. We have a bike rack right outside my office door!
6. Spend a night away with my husband. Yes Abby is almost two have we have yet to leave her over night (as in both of us being gone). Being away from her at night while I was working as a chaplain was hard enough but the time has come. I need some one-on-one time with Hubs.
7. Look into completing my Adoption Grief paper. I have written about the grief of the adopted child but want to include the birth parents and the adoptive parents to complete the adoption triangle. My professor said I should look into having it published. Not sure about that. Would need a few more readers to give me their opinions.
8. See Skillet in concert…again. There is no greater band to see live!
9. Build some major photography skills – if my camera ever gets here (oh the drama surrounding that one).
10. Take a girls only trip the beach. Is there any other explanation needed?
10 comments on “10 Things I Want to Do Before 30”
I really want the wrist tattoo. I want mine to stay strong or strength. Not sure which one.
I’m up for the blog conference and the girl’s only trip to the beach, and YES, you totally need an adults only trip with your husband. Charleston is a great close getaway.
ps- my 30th was my MOST favorite birthday EVER. I planned a big party with my girlfriends. It was so much fun.
We can definitely have a tattoo date 🙂 Tickets are now up for sale for Atlanta if you would like to join me! Its the weekend of my birthday so we can celebrate while we’re down there! My parents now have a condo at the beach while its not beachfront it would be a cheap place to go get away for a couple days! We will have to start planning 🙂
i love Skillet, but i’ve never seen them in concert. i’ll have to check it out if they come near here.
Brooke it is so worth it to see them live! I can guarantee you won’t have a voice or your hearing when you leave but you will have an amazing time!
Go for the wrist tattoo!
Good luck on the conference!
If it’s your day to go, it’s your day to go, right? Sorry, not what you wanted to hear?
Have fun at the Y! We’d join one but I can’t justify spending the money on gas to drive 20 miles each way!
I love those seats! I don’t have one but I’ve thought about it. We have a trailer for our bike and when we’re in town and the weather’s nice, the kids no I have a no car rule. Now, if it’d just quit snowing!
Good luck on leaving her! It’s hard at first, but you need to do it sometime! Plus, I bet hubby will enjoy the alone time!
If your professor is saying to publish it, I say go for it!
I’m hoping to see Skillet this summer, but may not be able to since I’m pretty sure hubby won’t want me going away 2 weekends out of 3 with no kids!
I want a decent camera and some skills!!
Yes, by girls only do you mean you and Abby or your and adult girls? BIG difference!
Thanks for all tips! I will have to check out Nutella! As far as the girls’ only weekend it would be adult girls 🙂
[…] time has passed since I posted my list of 10 things I wanted to do before 30. Now with 4 1/2 months until the big day (Oct 18th – mark your calendars people!), its about […]
Wait! You were a chaplain. How did I miss this? We need to talk. I’ve been a chaplain for almost 2 years now!
I did a chaplaincy internship (CPE unit) as a part of my MDiv in Pastoral Care & Counseling! I was at a VERY active hospital and I loved it! I would love to get back into it one day!