I have exactly 6 months until my 30th birthday.
Both scary and exciting.
I’m hoping to have a complete handle on life by then.
Wouldn’t that be great if it was that easy?
Of course I can’t plan for perfection but I can plan for some fun and adventure in the meantime.
So here are 10 things on my list (that have absolutely nothing to do with my illnesses):
1. Add a new tattoo to my collection! Can’t decide if I want to do my wrist (which would be Abby’s name in Hebrew), foot (which would be Romans 10:15), or side (which would be a lyric from my fav Skillet song)! Thoughts?
2. Attend a blog conference! BloggyBootCamp Atlanta is just a few days after my birthday so I’m keeping my fingers crossed to attend!
3. Live it up at Disney (and not kill myself in the process)! The last time I was at Disney was 1989 so I think quite a bit has changed since then! Trip currently planned for September! We fly down on Sept 11th. Good or bad day to fly?
4. Find a workout that actually works for my body whether it be walking or water aerobics. We are joining the Y soon so I am looking forward to trying out a couple different classes as well as taking advantage of the pool!
5. Buy a bike and ride to work! I live about a mile from my office so its silly not to have a greener commute! I pick biking over walking because I drop Abby off at daycare in the mornings and it would be easy to pop her a seat like this and drop her off on my way to the office (which is conveniently just down the street!) and not have to worry about a stroller. We have a bike rack right outside my office door!
6. Spend a night away with my husband. Yes Abby is almost two have we have yet to leave her over night (as in both of us being gone). Being away from her at night while I was working as a chaplain was hard enough but the time has come. I need some one-on-one time with Hubs.
7. Look into completing my Adoption Grief paper. I have written about the grief of the adopted child but want to include the birth parents and the adoptive parents to complete the adoption triangle. My professor said I should look into having it published. Not sure about that. Would need a few more readers to give me their opinions.
8. See Skillet in concert…again. There is no greater band to see live!
9. Build some major photography skills – if my camera ever gets here (oh the drama surrounding that one).
10. Take a girls only trip the beach. Is there any other explanation needed?